Designated Safety official
SRSC DSO (Designated Safety official): is expected to plan, implement, and coordinate safety and environmental programs and ensures compliance with required regulations / standards, procedures and policies with primary focus on Aviation Maintenance. DSO must work in concert with QA and the Facilitates Manager in the identification of safety and environmental risks. DSO must promote reduction or elimination of all potential accidents, occupational injuries, illnesses, deaths and safety-related financial losses. DSO will perform safety assistance visits and training company wide to ensure implementation of and compliance with all safety directives.
LOCATION: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia – Riyadh
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- ensuring proper industrial safety procedures are followed in accordance with Aerospace Standards, regulations, rules, and local procedures;
- carry risk assessments for any operations within the facility when required.
- providing administrative support including maintaining all company files, records, and publications needed to support organizational activities and to meet applicable requirements;
- provide written reports to Quality and Top Management which are clear, concise and meaningful for all ground / aviation safety and environmental matters;
- provide technical support in all types of safety / environmental issues such as data gathering, training, and correspondence for assigned customers, etc.
- conduct local safety audits, fire extinguisher inspections, and inspections of all first aid kits and other safety related equipment;
- develop and maintain information technology work orders and confirm when work has been properly completed;
- process occupational hazard reports, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) assessments to include investigating the hazards and ensure mitigations are in place;
- respond to and investigates concerns and complaints from workers/employers and takes appropriate action;
- investigate accidents and injuries that occur in the workplace;
- be ready and able to participate in the delivery of related educational programs and disseminate information / training to employees and potential customers;
- assist in the training and / or supervision of new Safety Inspectors;
- Coordinate perform prescribed industrial hygiene surveys using technical equipment, evaluates results, and takes appropriate action to ensure compliance.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
- BS in safety or with 4 or more years’ experience is required or equivalent work experience
- OSHA, EU-OSHA safety course or equivalent military safety training is required
- Familiar with Hazcom standards procedures
- Familiar with Safety data sheet (SDS)
- Environmental Safety training
- NEBOSHA certified preferred
- Knowledge of BS OHSAS 18001 is preferred
To apply, please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org