Designated Safety official
- Job Title: Designated Safety Official
- Department: Operations
- Report To: COO
- Location: Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Expected to plan, implement, and coordinate safety and environmental programs and ensures compliance with required regulations / standards, procedures and policies with primary focus on Aviation Maintenance.
- Must work in concert with QA and the Facilitates Manager in the identification of safety and environmental risks.
- Must promote reduction or elimination of all potential accidents, occupational injuries, illnesses, deaths and safety-related financial losses.
- Perform safety assistance visits and training company wide to ensure implementation of and compliance with all safety directives.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Ensuring proper industrial safety procedures are followed in accordance with Aerospace Standards, regulations, rules, and local procedures;
- Carry risk assessments for any operations within the facility when required.
- Providing administrative support including maintaining all company files, records, and publications needed to support organizational activities and to meet applicable requirements;
- Provide written reports to Quality and Top Management which are clear, concise and meaningful for all ground / aviation safety and environmental matters;
- Provide technical support in all types of safety / environmental issues such as data gathering, training, and correspondence for assigned customers, etc.
- Conduct local safety audits, fire extinguisher inspections, and inspections of all first aid kits and other safety related equipment;
- Develop and maintain information technology work orders and confirm when work has been properly completed;
- Process occupational hazard reports, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) assessments to include investigating the hazards and ensure mitigations are in place;
- Respond to and investigates concerns and complaints from workers/employers and takes appropriate action;
- Investigate accidents and injuries that occur in the workplace;
- Be ready and able to participate in the delivery of related educational programs and disseminate information / training to employees and potential customers;
- Assist in the training and / or supervision of new Safety Inspectors;
- Coordinate perform prescribed industrial hygiene surveys using technical equipment, evaluates results, and takes appropriate action to ensure compliance.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES:
- BS in safety or with 4 or more years’ experience is required or equivalent work experience
- OSHA, EU-OSHA safety course or equivalent military safety training is required
- Familiar with Hazcom standards procedures
- Familiar with Safety data sheet (SDS)
- Environmental Safety training
- NEBOSHA certified preferred
- Knowledge of BS OHSAS 18001 is preferred
To apply, please send to: email@example.com