Ground Support equipment specialist
- Job Title: Ground Support equipment specialist
- Department: MRO
- Reporting to: Back Shop Lead
- Location: Different cities in the kingdom
- The Ground Support Specialist Performs inspections, maintenance, troubleshooting and servicing, and storage of assigned AGE. Maintains and inspects hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and fuel systems to include turbine, diesel, and gasoline engine driven AGE. Responsible for the day-to-day AGE shop operations and communicates with the AGE Superintendent to assure work priorities are met.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Stocks, maintains and requisitions parts, tools and supplies to perform required work on assets.
- Prepares AGE, and other equipment for exercises or actual deployments.
- Responds to enquiries concerning storage and status of assigned equipment.
- Utilizes testing of diagnostic equipment while troubleshooting hydraulic, electrical, fuel and pneumatic systems and components for serviceability.
- Directs maintenance by maintenance action sheets, technical orders and directives.
- Orients new personnel to work crews, plans work assignments and establishes work methods.
- Conducts on-the-job training for Customer AGE mechanics on assigned AGE, safety, material safety data sheets, security awareness and other subjects. Prepares and updates training records.
- Prepares and inspects assets and equipment for shipment by air, sea and surface transportation.
- Performs servicing and maintenance of in-use assets and returns equipment to mission capable.
- Prepares and submits quality/material deficiency reports and technical order changes as required.
- Operates material handling equipment as required.
- Inspects hazardous materials within the assigned work center and coordinates the appropriate office for the disposal of HAZMAT when required.
- Ensures all tools, personnel protective equipment, facilities, and clothing issued remain safe, secure, and serviceable, reporting any deficiencies.
- Ensures that the work area is maintained to the highest standards of cleanliness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES:
Knowledge & Skills :
- Working knowledge of personal computers and Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office to include as a minimum PowerPoint, Excel, and Word programs.
- Knowledge of military or civilian maintenance systems, quality assurance and supervisory skills required.
- Must possess a valid home country driver’s license and ability to obtain host nation driver’s license.
- Will be required to operate material handling equipment.
- Proficiency in the use of SRSC ERP systems.
Experience & Education:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Five years’ experience with the field of aircraft ground support equipment maintenance required.
- Training to a 7 level as aircraft ground support equipment technician through an apprentice or military service program preferred.
- Ability to review electrical and electronic systems using wiring diagrams and schematics required.
- Practical experience of flow charts used to maintain pneumatic and hydraulic systems required.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment:
- Works in maintenance shop or warehouse environment and may be required to work outdoors for extended periods.
- Will be exposed to extreme noise from operating equipment.
- Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to prescribed procedures and as required for task being performed.
- Physically capable of performing all required duties; capable of lifting/pushing/pulling minimum of 50 lbs. and performing extensive work handling/lifting equipment.
To apply, please contact: [email protected]