General ledger specialist
- Job Title: General Ledger Specialist
- Department: Finance
- Report To: Accounting Lead
- Location: Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Conduct general ledger accounting and system update activities.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Oversee, manage and evaluate the performance of General ledger activities
- Ensure the reconciliation of subledgers with GL.
- Ensure the accurate allocation of costs to each activity.
- Monitor, update, and adjust the accrued expenses, loans payment, interest cost, zakat & tax return, withholding tax and prepayment process.
- Month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing.
- Monthly and Quarterly balance sheet and P & L Fluctuation Analysis.
- Monthly expense variance analysis.
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP, IFRS, SOCPA and compliance to internal policies.
- Manage Fixed Assets.
- Balance sheet accounts reconciliations.
- ER implementation team member.
- Interface with management in various departments.
- Perform any other duties as determined by the Accounting Lead.
Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Professional accounting qualification (e.g., SOCPA, CPA, IFRS) is preferred .
- A minimum of 6 years of accounting experience is preferred.
- At least 3 years general ledger accounting experience is required.
- Prior experience in accounting within related industry is preferred.
- Strong Excel and database skills, Access experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Team player and have ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout Company organization.
To apply, please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org