project cost engineer:
- Job Title: Project Cost Engineer
- Section: Programme Management
- Department: Projects
- Report to: Head of Programmes
LOCATION: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia – Riyadh
To ensure cost control within a project, under the Project Lead, in compliance with quality requirements and Project Execution Plan following SRSC standard methodology. Responsible for controlling the project cost performance. Provides cost control information to the Project Lead maintaining consistency and clarity of information. Controls the project cost in coordination with the project manager and preparing periodic monthly cost reports. Monitoring the progress by keeping the record of completed work / remaining work. Analysing variations, and preparing forecast reports and monitoring and producing variations to contract as appropriate.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Analysis and reporting – Analysing and reporting data to develop a complete and accurate picture that will inform decisions regarding the management, cost and control of projects.
- Cost control – Identifying, applying and evaluating cost control techniques to support the monitoring, managing and reporting of costs. To develop the Invoicing Procedure in accordance with the contractual request with relevant “Invoicing Register”. To assist the Project Lead during the assessment of the “Estimate to Complete” for all Project Phases. Establish and maintain all Cost Control Documents and “Periodical Reports”
- Quality control – Knowledge of, identifying, applying and evaluating quality control techniques to support the monitoring and managing of cost related quality activities.
- Risk control – Knowledge of identifying, applying and evaluating risk control techniques to inform the risk management process.
- Change control – Establishing protocols to alter the scope of a project, implementing the procedures when necessary and updating configuration documentation including contracts to develop, maintain and apply quality management processes for the ongoing project or change initiative.
- Contract Management – to support the Contract Manager in evaluating cost impact connected with both internal and external changes.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
- Skills and Attributes: Good communication skills with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally. Good interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills. Commercially and financially aware, strong analytical skills. Strong technical mindset and able to read and interpret cost data and translate to others. Highly numerate with the ability to research, assemble manage and manipulate numerical information. Knowledge of cost control techniques. Results orientated and organised with the ability to deliver against deadlines. Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills. Must be able to work in a dynamic environment and be able to work in multi-cultural environment.
- Qualifications and Experience Levels: Relevant project controls/business/commercial or engineering degree preferred or HNC, A Levels, City & Guilds Level 3, BTEC National Diploma Level 3, IVQ Technician Diploma or equivalent NVQ level 3 qualification. Some 2 – 4 years previous experience of cost control, ideally in an aviation or engineering environment. Good IT systems knowledge and skills including competent Excel skills. Ideally experienced in the use of spreadsheets, estimating pricing models and cost management tools. Able to show evidence of adding value and cost optimisation. Knowledge and understanding of a variety of aviation/engineering/project processes and ability to evaluate and analyse associated costs.
Membership of an appropriate professional body would be advantageous.
To apply, please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org