- Job Title: Project Lead
- Section: Programme Management
- Department: Projects
- Report to: Head of Programmes
- Location: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia – Riyadh
To deliver projects to cost, on time, maintaining gross margins and achieving customer satisfaction through the utilization of appropriate project teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Identification, production of, and management of, all project risks.
- Undertake responsibility of Health, Safety, and Welfare of all team members on their projects.
- Management of associated project risks.
- Management of cash flow on a project.
- Provision of cost estimates as part of the formal bid submission with Business Development team members.
- Delivery of allocated projects through project management tools and techniques.
- Management of customer interfaces.
- Identification at the earliest opportunity of issues which may impact upon delivery of projects to time and cost and develop a plan of corrective action, consulting where appropriate with more experienced Senior Programme Managers.
- Provision of project performance data to the Head of Programmes in a timely manner.
- Co-ordination and motivation of project teams.
- Management of staff related issues where the post holder has line management responsibility, including staff motivation, identification of training and development needs and management of performance.
- Management of external suppliers associated with the project in conjunction with the appropriate Contracts Manager.
- Project risks identified and appropriately managed.
- Accurate bids submitted.
- Project delivered to time and cost including maintenance of gross margins.
- Customer satisfaction.
- Clarity of understanding of customer needs ( e.g. product reflects customer requirements).
- Active maintenance of customer relationships.
- Head of Programmes Manager has the necessary data to allow him to effectively manage the project function.
- Project team members work effectively together irrespective of discipline.
- Staff appropriately trained and development needs identified.
- Provision of supplier goods/services to appropriate time and cost.
The post holder is a member of the SRSC Programme Management team reporting to a Head of Programmes. The Project Lead is a key interface within the project Delivery team required to deliver the project/product/service, interface with the customer and the supplier chain.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
Good communication skills with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally. Good interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills. Commercially and financially aware, strong analytical skills. Strong technical mindset and able to read and interpret cost data and translate to others. Highly numerate with the ability to research, assemble manage and manipulate numerical information. Knowledge of project management techniques. Results orientated and organised with the ability to deliver against deadlines. Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills. Must be able to work in a dynamic environment and be able to work in multi-cultural environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE LEVELS:
- Relevant project management or engineering degree preferred or HNC, A Levels, City & Guilds Level 3, BTEC National Diploma Level 3, IVQ Technician Diploma or equivalent NVQ level 3 qualification.
- Some 2 – 5 years previous experience of project delivery, ideally in an aviation or engineering environment.
- Good IT systems knowledge and skills including competent Excel skills.
- Ideally experienced in the use of spreadsheets and cost management tools.
- Able to show evidence of adding value and project delivery optimisation.
- Knowledge and understanding of a variety of aviation/engineering/project processes and ability to evaluate and analyse project delivery risks.
- Membership of an appropriate professional body would be advantageous.
To apply, please send to: email@example.com