Project SCHEDULING eNGINEER:
- Job Title: Project Scheduling Engineer
- Section: Programme Management
- Department: Projects
- Report to: Head of Programmes
LOCATION: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia – Riyadh
The Project Scheduling Engineer is required to develop the most appropriate method and sequence of project life cycle delivery activities, in conjunction with the Project Manager, in order to ensure the project is completed timely, safely, and on budget.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Schedules, plans and oversees the entire program of work schedule. Organises and coordinates planning activities, selects the most appropriate techniques and logical sequence of activities to complete project scope. Inputs the work breakdown structure information in means to assess an accurate forecast on time, resources and cash flow of the project .
- Prepare and manage overall master schedule integrating work breakdown structure using scheduling software. Understand contractual matter, earn value method , familiar with scope management and change control. Coordinate schedule from multiple contractors and incorporate the information gathered into the overall project master schedule. Prepare cost estimation and schedule bar chart plan considering all in puts (manpower, equipment and materials ) availability, project, production and operational phases.
- Understand and able to utilize planning tools such as MS excel, Access, MS Project, RAMCO and ERP.
- Develop and update resource (manpower and equipment) histogram weekly or monthly as required.
- Evaluate allocation of resources and provide recommendations to maintain required progress.
- Develop and implement plan versus actual progress charts (histograms/S curves). Reports and analyses deviations from plan.
- Understand WBS structure , and work with management and project/operations team in the development of work break down structure for progress measurement, scheduling ,cost estimating and project control.
- Maintains and updates scheduling records, prepares technical reports, helps in generating data for inputs to budgets, improvement in project delivery methods/procedures.
- Track, monitor and forecast progress of all activities and deliverables. Analyze gaps between the planned and actual progress and highlight the areas of concern which required action of the associate task member. Perform probabilistic analysis of completion dates and potential alternatives. Present risk based analysis of most likely completion and expected deviation range. Prepare and update three weeks and three months look-ahead schedule that reflect the priority activities. Liaises with all team leaders and/or members to communicate required completion dates and interface between functional team/operational team and project team.
- Participate all meeting (i.e. schedule review meeting , progress meeting, coordination meeting, constructability review meeting and so on).
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
- Skills and Attributes: Good communication skills with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally. Good interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills. Commercially and financially aware, strong analytical skills. Strong technical mindset and able to read and interpret cost data and translate to others. Highly numerate with the ability to research, assemble manage and manipulate numerical information. Knowledge of cost control techniques. Results orientated and organised with the ability to deliver against deadlines. Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills. Must be able to work in a dynamic environment and be able to work in multi-cultural environment. Interpersonal skill, ethical values and commitment to continual improvement
- Qualifications and Experience Levels: Essential familiarity with Microsoft Projects software and computer literate.
- Relevant project controls/business/commercial or engineering degree preferred or HNC, A Levels, City & Guilds Level 3, BTEC National Diploma Level 3, IVQ Technician Diploma or equivalent NVQ level 3 qualification.
- Some 4 – 6 years previous experience of project planning/scheduling, ideally in an aviation or engineering environment. Good IT systems knowledge and skills including competent Excel skills. Ideally experienced in the use of spreadsheets and estimating pricing models. Knowledge and understanding of a variety of aviation/engineering/project processes and ability to evaluate and analyse associated plans.
- Membership of an appropriate professional body would be advantageous.
To apply, please send to: email@example.com